I have recently been asked to explain how to make a dream board. Over the years I have found this to be a fun and easy way to get my own dreams and desired images onto paper in a way that I can look at them and also to feel them on a regular basis. Here I am going to create a “recipe” for making your dream board,…..keep in mind that this kind of “how to” is as common and varied as making a batch of cookies,….there are many ways to reach the final goal. This might be a starting point!
Things you will need: Poster board, scissors, pens (I like gold metallic), images (from magazines or print outs), glue sticks, blank paper.
1. Realize, right now, that your life is actually perfect as it is. Everything in your life is a reflection of who you are right now. Your life is perfectly demonstrating the various ideas, and vibrations, that you are projecting. How you respond and react and “dance” with your life and experiences is totally up to you and will affect what comes “next”.
2. Decide that it would be fun to create and Image for where you want the experience of your life to move. Certain areas might come to mind right away. Focus on the areas that you would like to work on. You can make a dream board for one particular area that you would like to put focus on- or you can make one that covers the multiple aspects of your life. Common areas of life that people focus on are: Relationships/Family, Career, Health (Mental, Physical, Spiritual), Home, Recreation/Travel, etc.
3. Collect Images that you want to put on your board that are a picture of what you want to create. I use two methods to collect images: a. Browsing through magazines purchased because they inspire me through the images they have (travel or trade magazines, etc.). b. Browse the internet using google images to search for pictures and then print the pictures out (this runs you into copyright issues of course so check for use of images).
4. On a poster board use a glue stick to glue your images. I enjoy arranging mine with a bright personal photograph at the center radiating into the various quadrants of my life.
5. Ask yourself: what are the “positive” questions that I need to be asking myself in order to create this image? Write these down, for instance: “who are the incredible new clients that are going to use my business this year?” Write them on separate paper and then cut them out and glue them into the image area of your board that has those pictures in it.
6. What do you want to feel (vibrate) in order to create these images? What are your natural talents, that you know you have, that you could amplify in order to bring about this image? Write these down and include them with the center radiating photograph of yourself and imagine yourself radiating these qualities into your life to magnetically attract what you want to create. For instance: I am,….calm, healthy, vibrant, energetic, etc.
7. Remember: You are choosing to attract/create on top of the nature that you ALREADY are,…..which is the I Am. Let this be a fun process of dancing with life itself,…..but be certain to allow it to be fun, a dance, like selecting from a large buffet of life.
8. Put the board somewhere you will see it every day and take time to look at it and feel the feeling you will have when it is true,….ask yourself the positive questions on your board.
9. Make positive, thought out, great steps towards creating everything on your board! Part of the power of the board is that it creates a daily visual reminder of what you want to create,…which makes the chances of active follow through much higher than if these dreams were still floating competing for daily mental space. You have to schedule the actual time to do the yoga, or go for the run, or take that class, or read that book, or make those flight arrangements,….etc. Also, adapt along the way to what comes along. Remember,….the more relaxed and trusting you are along the way,…..the more you will enjoy the entire process.
We are the creative principle/process of life. It feels good to put our own images and ideas onto paper for us to focus on and look at. I have various images of this sort throughout my home in order to keep gearing my own vision/environment towards that which I want to think about and feel. Enjoy the process of feeling IN to your own inner voice, wisdom and guidance towards where you want to move and grow in your life.
Do you have experiences or ideas to share on how you make your dream/vision boards? Positive experiences from making them? I would love to hear them/share them here for others to see.